Are you giving your dad another tie or pair of slippers for Father’s Day? Why not surprise him and do something different this year? If your dad spends a lot of time in his garage doing home improvement or auto projects, think about giving him a present he won’t forget. Orlando garage floors company, Garage Design Works, will make any dad happy.
- A Tool That He Needs: Snoop around dad’s workbench and see what tools are missing. Do-it-yourself dads can always use a cordless drill or ratchet set. Think about a tool he had to borrow from one of the neighbors because he didn’t have one.
- Automatic Power Cord Caddy: If your dad has lots of those heavy duty extension cords lying around, surprise him with an automatic power-cord caddy which you can buy online or in a home improvement store. It will make accessing and reeling in these cords much faster and easier.
- Themed Accessories for the Garage Walls: Make dad’s time in the garage more pleasant by decorating it in his favorite theme. Ideas include sports, hobby, or travel-related.
- Clean up and Organize His Workspace: Shine up those dirty tools. Remove dust by vacuuming them, and wipe down hand-held tools with mineral spirits instead of water, which promotes rust. After cleaning the tools, organize them for easy access. Make the top of his workbench clutter-free. Be sure you know where you put everything in case he can’t locate a tool he needs.
- Flat Screen TV: Let him enjoy the game or his favorite television show while he is tinkering in his man cave.
- A Mini Refrigerator: Dad won’t have to stop in the middle of a project to get a drink in the house — all he has to do is reach into his garage refrigerator near his workbench!
- Buy and Install a Peg Board: You can purchase this from a home improvement store and mount it to the wall behind his workbench. Attach the smaller tools, like pliers and hammers, with metal hooks to the board.
- A New Coating for His Garage Floor: Of course, a man cave cannot be complete without a nice base, so how about letting Garage Design Works come and turn his dingy Orlando garage floor into one that truly shines?
Make dad feel special this Father’s Day by addressing his “man cave” needs. He won’t miss those slippers or tie! For more Father’s Day garage ideas for gifts, browse Orlando garage floor experts Garage Design Works’ blog.