The garage is usually a store-all type of place; everything that takes up too much space in the house or that doesn’t have a home location typically gets tossed right into the garage. All of the clutter usually results in a garage that can be hazardous for kids and even adults because it resembles a battlefield housing many potentially dangerous items. Here are a couple tips from our Orlando garage organization experts to help keep your garage organized, and you and your family safe.
1. Created spaces or sections for certain items can help organize your garage a great deal. Having one area for the lawn mower and the weed whacker, followed by a high shelf for your garden chemicals and other chemical hazards is a good place to start. It also wouldn’t hurt to have a lockable workbench for high powered tools.
2. Use hooks, wall-mounted shelves, and baskets to store things safely so they don’t come crashing down on people, and so people don’t trip over them.
3. Make sure hoses and extensions cords are wrapped up and not in the way while they aren’t in use. They can pose as more potential tripping hazards.
4. Use a peg board to keep items, like tools, accessible yet out of the reach of children.
5. Dispose of flammable items in the garage like oily rags. Try to store flammable liquids outside of the garage like your shed or patio.
6. Think about using vertical space; Wall systems can provide space for bulky or large items such as a canoe or bicycle. Not only will it give you more floor space, but it won’t get knocked over or cause potential harm for the kids, or even yourself.
7. Make sure to store ladders against the wall or at floor level using storage hooks to secure them.
At Garage Design Works, our Orlando garage organization experts can create an organization plan that best fits your storage needs. We offer industrial strength ceiling storage that is designed to hold up to 800lbs with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Call us today at 407-447-8890 to learn more about our storage options and to schedule your free in-home consultation with us!